Website, Qualifications Wales
Method4 developed a bespoke website for the newly created organisation, Qualifications Wales.
Qualifications Wales is a Welsh Government Sponsored Body established through the Qualifications Wales Act 2015. They regulate non-degree qualifications and the qualifications system in Wales.
- To design and develop a professional, contemporary website for a brand new organisation.
- To understand the types of users who would visit the website and what information they would require.
- To bring together content from multiple sources to produce a coherent and engaging website.
- Consultations and workshops with Qualifications Wales staff over a number of weeks helped us determine who would be visiting the website and why.
- User journey mapping was completed and from this we were able to create the information architecture and site map.
- Once the information architecture was defined we were able to produce page wireframes and carry out graphic design to define the look and feel of the site.
- Development was carried out using the Agile SCRUM methodology.
- Develop a bespoke website built on the Umbraco content management system.
- The Umbraco content management system allows the content editors at Qualifications Wales to manage content with ease.
- Qualifications Wales can tag content with metadata, allowing website users to search for categories of documents using the bespoke search engine.
- The website design takes into account the various users of the site with separate sections for learners and regulators.
- There is bilingual functionality throughout.